Marketing Your Niche Using Your Brand
Marketing your niche is a subject that everyone has been buzzing about in the marketing world. The ‘gurus’ keep telling people to find your niche. But the big question that remains to be told is how do you find your niche and more importantly, when you do find your niche, what assurances are there that this is your TRUE niche?
Defining “Marketing Your Niche”
Niche markets are core groups of people within your larger target audience who have similar occupational and/or lifestyle characteristics that you can target with excellent results.
Concentrating all marketing efforts on a small but specific and well defined segment of the population. Niches do not ‘exist’ but are ‘created’ by identifying needs, wants, and requirements that are being addressed poorly or not at all by other firms, and developing and delivering goods or services to satisfy them. As a strategy, niche marketing is aimed at being a big fish in a small pond instead of being a small fish in a big pond. Also called micromarketing.
That helps to define the word itself because we all know what the word Marketing means.
Definition: Marketing your niche essentially means to sell your services to a crowd of people that are like minded and have the same needs as you do and they provide an environment that offers the needs you have in order to live. what I found very interesting is the last definition that webster gave.
How to Find Your Marketing Niche
- A Blog website you can use to attract other like minded people
- Click Tracking Service that will allow you to track your links, clickthroughs and conversions.
- Auto Responder for email correspondence
And those are just a couple of the necessities for online marketing. Beyond the tools you have to figure out who and where to market your business. I found that if you’re not passionate about your topic then it will turn into a job. Especially if you don’t know how to automate your business that will allow you to have more freedom each and every day. How do you find your niche market? First you need to ask yourself a couple of key questions:
- What is it that you LOVE to do on a daily basis?
- How would those topics or niches be turned into a business idea that could attract your niche crowd?
- Would this be a fly by night topic or a fad? (this is all up to you by the way, you just have to market this in the right space)
- Am I PASSIONATE about this topic enough to see this through to the very end?
If you can answer these 4 questions emphatically, then you are on the way to making your dreams come true! If not, I would seriously suggest keep going through these questions until you get an emphatic (leaving no doubts) answer back from these questions. These are the 4 ways on how to make marketing your niche something you can profit from immensely.
Where does Brand Attraction Fit In With Marketing Your Niche?
The Brand Attraction method is a very simple concept but to those just starting may need to know more about this and how to apply it. The focus on this post is not to go into depth with this term but in order to understand it more completely, I’ll give you a few examples to making your brand a more attractable venue in which others will keep you in their minds when they think of your niche.
Brand Attraction methods involve doing many things but the most popular of these is Social Media Marketing. This could prove to be the most difficult or the easiest depending on who you listen to in your niche. However, I believe that this is some of the easiest marketing to do when done on a consistent basis. That is the key though – being consistent.
Things I’ve done to promote my brand include:
- Video Marketing – Do a video per day in the beginning and at least one per week thereafter. My first complete challenge was an eye opener as to my skill level and love for the video camera.If you’re up for a challenge – send me a message and I’d love to get you started promoting your business through video challenges. Some are 15 days, 30 days and even 60 and 90 day video challenges. The goal is one video a day of at least 2 minutes of talk time.
- Make a video intro (not for the novice) to insert into your videos before uploading to whatever video hosting service you will be using (YouTube, Vimeo, VideoFy me, etc.
- Write a blog a day for the first 3-6 months depending on your commitment level but this is a must for the first 90 days. This is tougher than most think due to the commitment level. If you miss a day – stay the course and continue. This is the key to getting this accomplished
- Connect with a minimum of 20 people per day through social media and offline. Don’t let this one creep up on you. It can be daunting or a happy experience – especially if you love to talk to people.
Using Video Services in Marketing Your Niche
If you want to start reaching to the other sights that don’t have much competition you could use Videofy ME or others like it as a social video hosting service much like YouTube without the Google overtones.
Everyone seems to know what YouTube is these days as it’s the #3 ranked sight in the world and in the USA. So if you want to get immediate clout with your brand – you need to be on this site. There are downfalls to this sight and so be sure to have a backup of all your videos. Accounts and videos will be removed without warning due to violations or complaints from other users.
Vimeo has much of the same stuff but with a better feel for things and with a pro account you will have more control over your videos and how they play – even removing the control bar at the bottom. Thus removing the ability to fast forward and rewind.
Marketing Your Niche Using A Blog
Using WordPress.com as your blog is a great option for those on a budget of “free is the only choice“. I say this because when you don’t pay for your services, you are stuck with the rules and regulations that are put forth. The other consideration when choosing a blog platform would be that you want to have all the rights to your content – video, photo, and copy. If the free sight decides to shut down it’s services, you have no recourse. However, most reputable companies will allow you to download your site backup before shutting down.
Blogging and learning what to do with your blog are a completely different subject. At Empower Network, you have a blogging system that comes with training. If you’re new at internet marketing, you definitely need to check out this blogging system. Click the picture to watch a video by one of the top producers, Franco Gonzales teach about what Empower Network & Prosperity Team really is from the ground up.
Social Media Is The Heart Of Marketing Your Niche By Attracting People To Your Brand
Social media can be a place you either flourish or wither away. It all depends on you and the type of content you put out. For more information on how to do this properly, a great book called Jab, Jab, Jab, Right Hook will give you the methods that will throw you into success using Social media.
Keep your head up and know that there will be times of being discouraged through your journey. It’s completely normal and a sign that you are making headway to your goal of marketing your niche to the people that need your products, vision and passion.