How to Make Quality Connections with Social Media
While no one can say for sure, it’s very possible that the term “Social media” and “social media websites” could be the biggest phenomenon on the internet these days. If you’re not familiar this term , one could seriously wonder what rock you’ve been hiding under!
Websites such as Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Google+, YouTube (and others) are possibly currently the most accessed type of website on the internet right now. If you have a business; manage a business, or are the director of an organization that has a message to get out or products to sell, it’s imperative to leverage the popularity of social media sites and develop winning social media strategies to achieve your goals.
Social Media Strategies
- The purpose or goal of your social media presence has to be very clear right from the beginning. Consumer awareness, product and company branding, lead generation, marketing and sales are just some of the tasks that can be carried out quite well using social media
- There is no shortage of social media websites on the internet, so as the saying goes, “Pick your battles wisely.” This is not to say that marketing yourself or your company using social media is a struggle, but there are so many social media platforms, you just can’t successfully utilize all of them and still have time left in your day for other responsibilities. If you want to know how to make quality connections with social media, choose social media platforms that you feel would be best for what you are doing – and master it. Don’t try to be everywhere at once.
- If you try spamming people, you won’t make meaningful social media connections; you’ll make enemies. If you want to know how to make quality connections with social media, you’ll have to create long-lasting relationships with people so that they will be able to relate to your business or organization because they relate well with you. In other words, the tables have turned when it comes to asking for a sale or for a simple email address.
- If you haven’t already, start blogging about your business and create a genuine curiosity in people’s minds whereby they will want to know about your business and whatever industry you’re in. Keep your blogging information-driven and once in a while subtly introduce elements such as a customized signature at the end of a post with a call to action embedded in it.
- Use the features of social media platforms to their full extent. For example, maximize the profile photo or image on your Facebook business page to the largest size allowed. Be creative and customize the image background on your Twitter page to help brand you or your business. On LinkedIn, don’t just post your resume; take an active part in questions and answers on the site. Make your presence on LinkedIn a conversation of sorts, as opposed to just a static page that never changes.
These are a few suggestions that really will increase your engagement online using social media. Of course, we all have our favorites that we like to browse – which is why you should have a presence known on each of the major social media sites.
There’s so much out there as far as the social media world is concerned, and like I’ve mentioned above, it’s very easy to get yourself into a mode of trying to do everything at once. Focus on one strategy at a time! It will get easier – trust me – I’ve been in the same shoes you are in now. Keep plugging away at reaching your goals and they will come!
Now go and make the first step!
P.S. If you want a great introduction to how to make a full-time income using social media, watch this video and then sign up for updates, so that you can jump in and start making a ton of money NOW!